Terms of Service
Code of Conduct
OpenSecurityTraining2 (OST2) provides free high quality training material for students' professional development, and we therefore expect students to behave with professional decorum.
- Attempting to disrupt classes in any way.
- Utilizing OST2 infrastructure for purposes other than completing classes.
- Posting any information, non-public, or technically-public, about a person which is perceived by that person as threatening. (I.e. "doxing")
- Posting sexual or other unprofessional images.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Comments that reinforce social structures of discrimination, such as comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, geographic background, or religion.
- Any other forms of threats or harassment.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Consequences for violations:
Participants involved in activities that violate this anti-harassment policy will be given a warning on the first offense, and banned from the site on a second offense, with all course-completion certificates revoked. At our discretion we may ban an account on the first violation if the offense is deemed intentional or egregious.
This site collects potentially personally-identifying-information (PII) at account-registration time, such as name, email address, nationality, gender, age, and highest level of education. While all fields must be filled in to register, providing accurate information is optional (except that you must provide some valid email capable of receiving the registration confirmation link). We would, however, appreciate it if you would provide accurate information, as it would help support the site. This information is not sold to 3rd parties, and is only used by OST2 to understand student demographics to better serve you, and to accurately summarize site demographics to potential or current OST2 sponsors, who help fund the site.
OST2 is not meant for students under 13. To comply with COPPA, self-identifying with an age under 13 will lead to your account being closed.
OST2 uses two types of cookies: those which are built into the Open edX platform that are used for maintaining state around the fact that a specific student is logged in. The other type of cookie is from Google Analytics, which we use to track how many times pages are visited on the site, so we know how popular/active a given class is. Because completing registration requires agreeing to these Terms of Service, you are also agreeing to our use of these cookies. You can't say we didn't try to make a nice and simple Terms of Service page, instead of a giant legalese blob ;).